Simple systems for project, finance, customer and marketing goals
I use all of the following software. And I chose them for their simplicity. But also because they can grow with me and be connected to each other. For example; Hubspot customer database can be linked to email marketing software, MailerLite. Xero can be connected with Hubspot, MailerLite and Trello project software. And the reduction in duplication is a time, and head space, saver.
Put your ideas, goals, challenges, shopping lists, room designs, what ever detail you would like to keep about a project. All in one place. Easy to find.
- A simple, straightforward, user friendly software, with colours that can be changed to suit your viewing preferences
- Store every step of your project, with checklists that can be ticked off – a brilliant and overwhelm minimising feature
- Break down bigger projects into bitesize steps, with images, attachments, links … and shared with business colleagues, family and friends
- Showing due dates, conversations, pending actions without the endless bits of paper and questions over who was responsible for that task!
- But the best bit is, if set up mindfully, it allows you to see the smaller steps that can be ticked off on the way to that bigger goal
FREE and paid version available. Mine’s paid because I share it with multiple clients but the capacity is huge with a free version.
Content management software that’s flexible for sole traders, SME’s, marketers, and gives you a personalised, secure experience.
With tools to make every part of your process more human and a support team excited to help you, getting started with inbound has never been easier.
- Store customer data, emails, meetings, notes, documents and reminder tasks
- Easy search function by name, business name, word, number etc.
- Create sales funnel deals by status such as name, stage (value, won, lost etc.)
- Invite users, create teams as your business grows
- Link to apps such as MailChimp, Xero, QuickBooks Gmail, Google calendar, Stripe, EventBrite and so many more
This is just a sample of the FREE version ways of using HubSpot
A brilliant way of saving, storing and sharing open website tabs, naming work lists, and sending them by email
- Whenever you find yourself with too many tabs, click the OneTab icon to convert all of your tabs into a list
- When you need to access the tabs again, you can either restore them individually or all at once
- When your tabs are in the OneTab list, you will save up to 95% of memory because you will have reduced the number of tabs open in Google Chrome
If you’re like me, you’ll get a little anxious about lots of open tabs. And it also gives me the opportunity to jump around tasks. Also not good for my concentration, however it is a great solution when working on a personal or business project. I can walk away and come back to all the ideas stored safely to pick up where I left off.
Many images on my website and social media have been created using Canva. I have been able to store and use my brand colours and fonts. Adding personal touch to my own or Canva supplied images.
- There are hundreds of ideas for social media, presentations, fliers, posters, calendars, zoom backgrounds
- Upload options allowing you to bring in your photos or logo, and brand your creations
- Creations are searchable and other team members can be invited in when projects need extra support
It’s FREE or £99 per year
Google Business www.businessgoogle.com
Turn people who find you on Google Search and Maps into new customers with a free Business Profile for your storefront or service area.
- Add your business details such as address, opening times, website and more
- Show photos, your logo, social media posts, offers
- Show who you are, add attributes like women led
- Capture reviews, respond to message, post answers to FAQ’s
And more, all for FREE
My favourite scheduling tool with a lot to offer. Including 5 day 24/7 support to help you plan your media calendar, check your performance analytics and store, repeat, restyle and refresh all your social channel posts
- A wealth of training and free resources to make using ContentCal simple and time saving
- Up to date industry news keeping you on top of your marketing game
- Take the academy training and uncover all the benefits and how to use them for your business
- Store your hashtags, save content to use later, see your Instagram grid with historical and planned ahead posts
- My favourite feature is capturing ideas from the web straight into a pinboard ready to be made into a post
FREE version available with great features for small businesses
Using Xero as a freelancer has given me freedom from paper, an online use anywhere financial package and one that is scaleable as I grow. Perfect, simple and easy accounting for small or multi million £ businesses
- From £12* per month following a free trial
- Great for sole trader and VAT registered businesses
- Send branded invoices and quotations direct from Xero
- Link and reconcile your bank account spend and income
- Great optional add ons such as expenses, payroll, analytics to cash flow projections
- Invite your accountant or team members in for year end and large projects